Combination and Specialty Treatments
During the aging process, we lose hyaluronic acid within tissues, experience fat migration, vascular perfusion of tissues, and ligament laxity in addition to bone loss in areas of the face and body. The results of aging appear as skin laxity as tissues lose volume and elasticity causing contrast across the face and body. PDO Threads are used to either add volume to areas where tissue laxity is presented or can lift tissues to create tightening across creping skin or other conditions.
PDO Threads compliment a number of different aesthetic procedures (i.e., Dermal Fillers, PRP) in addition to being performed as a stand-alone treatment option. The advantage of PDO Threads compared to other injectable aesthetic treatments is the ability to place threads in areas that other procedures will not allow or are short-acting. By utilizing PDO Threads in combination with Dermal Fillers or PRP (PRF), the results are amazing and patient care enhanced with immediate, natural results that continue to improve the treated areas 4-5 months thereafter. In combination, these therapies will help you get the results your patients want and demand.
Illari Threads in conjunction with Empire Medical Training offers Advanced PDO Thread applications for combination treatments with an array of training options:
- Thread Embedding Therapies (PDO): Utilizing Smooth PDO threads in combination with other alopecia treatments form new blood vessels (neo-vascularization), regenerate collagen types 1 and 3, and break down fat (lipolysis) optimizing results with such treatments as PRP and Microneedling, Minoxidil and Microneedling, and red-light therapies for androgenic alopecia
- The treatment itself is quick, painless, no downtime with quick recovery. PDO Sutures (29g or 28g) are inserted under the scalp, leaving behind a microscopic thread which will create a foreign body response, triggering the bodies’ own natural healing mechanism (collagen). Threads dissolve naturally and are absorbed by the body over the course of 4-6 months. This process of forced cellular activity will promote new tissue growth, improve circulation and ultimately help to regenerate the hair follicle.
- Major studies show a significant reduction in hair loss utilizing PDO Threads in combination with conventional treatments, as well as new hair growth just one month after treatment.
- Collagen Biostimulators for the Face: Smooth PDO Threads can correct or vastly improve hard to treat areas such as lateral temporal fusion area of the forehead, glabellar area, and other sensitive areas of the face. In this course you will learn the various global methods practitioners are using for advanced facial contouring incorporating hyper-dilute Radiesse® and hyper-dilute Sculptra® with PDO Threads to create better results and enhanced patient care.
The course will provide additional options for patients utilizing PDO Threads with other rejuvenation procedures to stimulate collagen in areas where conventional treatments are self-limiting whether in collagen response or longevity. The benefits of increased collagen response to the skin include.
- PDO Thread Sutures promote healthy skin by producing collagen which is primarily made up of 3 nonessential amino acids: proline, glycine, and hydroxyproline. Skin is primarily made up of the protein keratin: Proline is also the main component of keratin. Therefore, consuming proline-rich collagen will provide your body with the building blocks it needs to create new skin and greater turnover.
- Collagen can act as an antioxidant and endogenous enzymatic damage caused by free radicals while replenishing elastic fiber network and collagen depletion. Collagen makes up 70% of your dermis, the middle layer of your skin which provides volume and elasticity to skin.
- Collagen contributes to the elasticity and strength of your dermis. Your body becomes inefficient at producing collagen with age and replenishing cells in the dermis.
The bottom line is that specialty injections or advanced aesthetic procedures enhance your practice and give patients further options in the correction of their aesthetic condition. Higher patient satisfaction in regards to be able to treat other areas of concern. These procedures will allow you to market new areas and help differentiate your practice.